Webinars are an effective way to connect to your audience and share your knowledge with them.
It’s convenient for the audience as it requires no travel and they can still receive the great material you have to offer them.
Once you have decided on a webinar topic and a date is scheduled for it, you can begin your planning process for launching it.
Launching a webinar is the process to present it to your readers, perform it and follow up. A successful launch needs to be planned out ahead of time so that when it comes time to start introducing it the rest falls into place behind it.
Presenting it to your readers or introducing it, is marketing it. It requires time to plan it out so that you can start a few weeks before the webinar. You need to make for sure you have:
- Social media content
- A form to sign up online
- Landing page
- Promotional emails
Performing your webinar is done pretty quickly but it too involves:
- Webinar service that records the audio and video for replay.
- PowerPoint or visual component to display
- Script to guide you through the webinar and to help keep the pace and focus as there will likely be questions or interactions from your readers.
Following up after your webinar is vital as you don’t want to lose a recent connection with the audience. You want to continue to grow it.
The follow-up needs:
- Email with a link for the replay to send out to people afterwards who could not attend.
- Call-to-action in that email to entice the attendees to take further action with you.